Friday, February 3, 2012

The dreaded call from school

You see it's the school calling and your heart drops to your stomach, who is sick, hurt, in trouble? And normally it starts with everything is fine but so and so isn't feeling well or whatever. Not today :( Drew was being chased and fell into a bookshelf. They don't know how bad it is because they can't get the bleeding under control. Thankfully we live 2 minutes from the school so I was there in a flash. His teacher was a mess, crying and apologizing profusely, poor thing! We have an emergency room in Brunswick so I took him right there. They wanted to do stitches but I didn't think he could handle sitting there that long so they numbed him and he got 7 staples to his scalp. The shot was the worst part, luckily they blocked me and Brady from having to watch any of it. The doctor was trying to be nice and gave Drew a dinosaur but Drew told him he hates dinosaurs and I didn't feel like arguing with him at the moment that he should be polite and accept the gift anyway. Besides, he was probably more mad that this guy just shot staples into his head, I wouldn't want a gift either from him. His teacher sent me an email saying how horrible she feels and all the kids are so sad. It was the 100th day of school celebration so he is bummed about missing that but is happily watching TV and relaxing after picking up some McDonald's. I think I am finally breathing normal again too. But hey, 8+ years of raising boys and this is our first major boo-boo, not too shabby!

1 comment:

  1. Of all people are poor little Drew. Sounds like he is a trooper. If you would have called me I would have come running, well maybe in slow motion, but I would have got there. Tell Drew TwoMama wants to take him to the store to buy a special treat for being such a strong little boy. I feel horrible for you Christine, you probable were in worse shape then Drew. Pretty soon he will think it is cool and start showing everyone.

    ReplyDelete