Let's see, where did I last leave off? Oh yes, Drew getting staples in his head. Since then it's been nothing but fun and games here, insert sarcasm here!
Saturday morning we were woken up to Drew throwing up at 5 a.m. He was fine the rest of the day. I was worried it was a concussion but it was so long after the blow to his head that we weren't sure what was going on, plus it's stomach bug time so we were readying ourselves to all get it. Sunday morning he woke up at 1 a.m. and threw up. He seemed fine the rest of the day but I kept him home Monday to be safe. Tuesday woke up and had it coming out the other end (sorry) so home again. Wednesday good to go so back to school. This morning woke up at 4 and threw up.
Ok, I am no doctor but this does not sound like a stomach bug to me. I took him to the doctor today and we are going to treat him for acid reflux for a week and see if that helps. He says he feels like he is choking right before and this happened about a year ago 3 different times close together so hopefully we can get this thing under control. Poor kid though, can't catch a break. He got his staples out today too, he did not like that but stayed strong and didn't cry. I just feel so bad for him and hoping the medicine works. The good news is he is happy as can be, playing, eating and drinking, so at least he isn't miserable.
No comments:
Post a Comment