Today I had a doctors appointment. I have been having some problems with vertigo lately and even more problems with migraines. I also wanted to have my thyroid checked because I just feel off lately, very tired and sluggish even with a good nights sleep, hair loss, and a handful of other lovely symptoms that I won't bore you with. Thyroid problems run in the family so it seems like a good place to start. I started telling my doctor about my symptoms and she prescribed Topamax daily which is a migraine preventative drug. I don't know though, after reading the side effects I am a little hesitant on starting it at all. She also had me schedule a CAT Scan of my brain and a bunch of blood work to be done on Friday. It's all a little unsettling to think about so I am trying really hard not to. I just want to feel better so the whole thing kind of bums me out.
On to bigger and better things. Drew brought his progress report home. PERFECT!!! The whole thing, he knows every single thing that they are working on. We are still amazed by how well he is doing. Some of you know Drew isn't our most motivated child. He hates having to do, well pretty much anything that doesn't involve playing a video game. He doesn't like when we have to leave the house to run errands, go grocery shopping, nothing. Over the summer he reminded us repeatedly that he hated school, wasn't going, pretty much wanted nothing to do with the whole thing. So that was fun to deal with! And than it was announced that this was the first year for all day Kindergarten, oh boy! Imagine our surprise when school started and Drew couldn't get enough of it. He does homework all night long, sometimes making it up as he goes or following along on what Ethan is working on. When we went to his conference his teacher was going on and on about how well he is doing. He is above a lot of the kids in most subjects, say what?!?!? He even joined book club!!! It's been such a nice ride thus far, you know, a few months into Kindergarten and all but I am hopeful that he stays on this path as far as school goes. He still hates running errands though;)
Tonight I introduced the boys to National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - a must see movie for everyone at some point in their life. Ethan was a little disappointed that Clark didn't use colored lights on the house but they still enjoyed it and of course I was quoting lines left and right, that movie is a classic. Doesn't matter how many times you watch it, it's hysterical!
I will leave you with this picture. This is how I found Brady after he snuck up on the table and polished off the remaining half of Drew's Nutella/Peanut Butter sandwich. I would say he thoroughly enjoyed it, wouldn't you?
You just have fun Children that surprise you everyday. I think Drew came out of his shell and is going to pass all of us up. Brady at 17 months had to show me how to work an IPad, talk about feeling old. I love the picture of Brady, that little guy is working us all. Glad you could capture that moment.
ReplyDelete