This morning I took the Christmas Tree down, yeah me! I need to take all the decorations down still but its a start and I feel better having that done at least. After that I organized the kids games/art supplies/books in the basement.
Isn't it pretty? I filled a bag with books to donate. There was just too much, more than 3 little boys need for sure and we feel good about donating to kids who aren't as fortunate as we are. We also filled bags with toys to donate before the holidays. We do it every year and I really feel its such a great thing to teach them. I would like for all of us to go work in a soup kitchen one day but I think they might still be a little young for that so for now this is how we do our part.
Finally, we have snow!!! This is the 3rd time it has snowed so far but the first time it has stuck around longer than a few hours so the boys were ecstatic. After organizing those two little shelves (notice I didn't take a picture of the rest of the basement?) and we ate lunch and put Brady down for a nap they were ready to go outside. So I bundled them up and sent them out. Of course I sat in the window watching them, Mommy doesn't like being cold, and they had a blast. We can't seem to find Ethan's boots, must have left them at school before break so don't mind that he is wearing mine, it was that or Drew's and those were way too small.
I am ready to put things away and create a big giveaway pile, too.
ReplyDelete