Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ritz Chicken and Snowmen

Monday night turned crazy, but the good kind!  Ethan asked if his best friend Aiden could come over and than my best friend Elizabeth and her kids Joey and Ella came over too.  I had planned on making Ritz Chicken for the first time and thankfully I had enough for everyone.  It was soooo yummy!  Of course it came from Pinterest, my go to place for everything now a days - recipes, crafts, home decor ideas, you name it, it's there!  Seriously, Google it! Here is the recipe - you must try this.

Ritz Cracker Chicken

3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 sleeve Ritz Crackers
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
Crush crackers in a ziploc bag. Add cheese and shake to mix it up. In a bowl, beat egg then add milk. Dip chicken in egg mixture then in crackers. Put in greased baking dish. Repeat for each breast. Place a dollup of butter on top of each chicken breast. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until done.

Cream Sauce

1/2 cup Onion and Chive Cream Cheese (1/3 less fat)
1/2 cup chicken broth

Put broth and cream cheese in saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for 3 minutes. Serve over chicken.

After dinner it was time to make the snowmen snacks for the boys Christmas Parties at school.  It was a group effort with me, Matt and Elizabeth.  Aren't they cute?  And the kids loved them which is even better!  Of course that came from Pinterest too.  Did ya Google it yet, huh huh, did ya?  You really should!

And now it's Christmas Break, finally!  14 days home with my boys, so excited.  I love not having homework to deal with, lunches to pack, book bags to gather, schedules to follow.  The older boys slept in until 9:00 today, that's what I am talking about!  Of course Brady was up at 7:00 but that's ok because I got in my morning snuggles. 

Last night Drew cleaned the basement, say what!  He really is trying around here.  All week he was ready for school a 1/2 hour earlier than he needed to be which is just unheard of.  He is probably tired of me nagging him every morning, did you eat?  Brush your teeth? Drew go get dressed!  Put your shoes on, we have to leave!  Ugh, it's exhausting even typing it.  So maybe this is a new change for him, getting ready without being told, cleaning up the basement, maybe he is growing up?  Although he did ask Matt for $25 after cleaning, he got $2;)

1 comment:

  1. OMgosh Drew is a riot these days, to bad he got jipped the 25.00, I think that was a good price for the cleaning the whole basement. It is so good they love school, makes it easier on Mom. Love the Snowmen, its hard to believe it will all be over is just 3 days. Takes me all year to get ready for Christmas but I had fun this year and I hope all my grandchildren will have fun with White elephant.Love to all.

    ReplyDelete