Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to School

Sniff, sniff, winter break is over:( Some (most?) parents are excited for their kids to go back to school, not me.  I love having everyone home where I know they are safe and we can enjoy lots of time together.  We had a nice break, didn't do much of anything except lots of family time, just like we wanted.  I used to run the boys all over town, The Jump Yard, Amazone, Chuck E Cheese, here there and everywhere.  Since having Brady it is harder because he naps midday and by the time everyone wakes up and eats and is ready to go it doesn't leave much time to get out of the house.  But ya know what, no one cares!  They don't mind staying home, we craft, play games, watch movies, just spend time together and there isn't much better than that.  So I am sad those days are over and now it's back to routines and bedtimes and homework and packing lunches and rush rush out the door every morning.  I can't wait for Spring Break!

The last few days have been spent shopping, eating out and crafting.  Yep, more Pinterest fun for me that means!

Cute hand soap, easiest one yet.  Bath and Body Works soap, took off the label and found a "B" gemstone from Hobby Lobby.  And I also found how to make foam soap on Pinterest so we can reuse forever, woohoo!

I had a few ideas on this one and than remembered I already had a canvas here so I went that route.  Bought some wooden letters, traced them on the canvas and than hand painted them on.  The numbers are just stickers. 

Today is my brother Mike's 25th Birthday - Happy Birthday Mike!!!  After dropping the boys off at school Brady and I picked Mike up and took him out to breakfast.  After we stopped at Pat Catan's where soon there will be more crafts to show.  I was never the crafty type, I can't even sew a button on (I make a pile for Gram C.) but I am really  having so much fun with all of this.  Everyone should have a hobby, really they should!  I am glad I found something that I like to do, it passes the time and our house is slowly coming together and not so boring looking anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment