Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Dinner conversations
I love when Matt is home, we all eat together and its a great way for us to catch up on the boys day at school. Except last night Drew showed us the middle finger while telling us his friend at school said it means a bad thing. Oh boy! We hadn't even had that conversation with Ethan yet, apparently Drew's class is ahead of the curve@@. So yes, we explained to him that it means a really bad thing and not to ever do it and yada yada. I mean really, Kindergartners KNOW this stuff? But I was thinking about it and I had recently confessed to my Mom that our neighbor made me try a cigarette when I was in the 2nd grade. Yep, 8 years old, Ethan's age and I tried a cigarette. God, I would have a heart attack now if I thought either of my boys did something like that. And thankfully I hated it and never picked up smoking, yuck gross gag!!! (Sorry Dad if you read this and I had not told you about it yet). Its such a bummer that you can't protect them from these things. I didn't want to tell them about the middle finger at 6 and 8 but was left with no choice. And I am telling you, some of these kids at school are rotten, they swear, they bite, out of control. So gone are the days where I can protect them all day long, they are out of my hands 5 days out of the week thrown in with these hooligans and all I can hope is that we have done enough and will keep doing enough for them to turn out like the good little boys we are intending them to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Matt and you have done a great job with the boys. The fortunate part is when they come home, you can talk like you did, and correct the bad things they learn. It seems once they go to school, that sweet innocense is influcened by those little Hooligans. Stay cool and keep up the good work. You live what you learn and you have taught them well. Wait until Middle School, you turn grey over night.It seems you can learn alot at the Dinner table.
ReplyDelete