Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Whine

I have the case of the blues.  I know what my problem is and its a bummer.  Matt has to go to Vegas in May for a conference and I want to go too.  And I can't.  And it stinks.  And I know I shouldn't talk about it but its bumming me out so I will anyway.  We haven't had a vacation alone since our honeymoon:(  It's not like I expect to go on one all the time, or heck even every year.  But we are coming up on our 9 year anniversary and nothing, nada, zilch.  We have left the kids overnight 4 times, maybe 5 total in over 8 years. And the farthest we have gone is to Cleveland or Akron, yep a whopping 30 minutes away tops.  Wow!  It hurts even seeing that in writing.  I think part of what makes it hard is seeing my friends families surprising them with showing up on their doorstep to whisk their kids away for the night/weekend/day.  Or others whose families take vacation time off work so that they themselves can go on a vacation.  Heck, someone we know was taking their kids to PA for family to babysit while he took his wife to FL for the weekend.  Who does that???  Not us!  Other friends of mine have gone to Europe this past year - Europe for Gods sakes - I can barely leave the county!  So here I am feeling sorry for myself because I can't go to Vegas for a few days.  And I signed up for this, I wanted kids more than anything and I am so so happy.  But it doesn't mean it stinks any less.  Oh well, sigh, maybe in 16 years when all the kids are out of the house we can vacation together...

2 comments:

  1. I would be more then happy to watch the boys. If I need re-enforcement I have Lisa and Mary and Papa Jim, would stay with me. Just think about it. We also have Jordan and Jenna. Pajama Party every night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the offer but we both know it's too much for you. And it's during the week so everyone has work and the girls have school, plus the boys need taken to and from school.

      Delete