We all survived the first day back to school. I did forget to make Drew do his homework before bed but we had plenty of time in the morning so it got done, whew! See, it's hard being back into the routine. And I like to leave at 9:00 every day, this morning it was 9:04 and yesterday was 9:02. School doesn't start until 9:15 and its literally 2 minutes away but I hate feeling rushed so the goal is 9:00. Oh well, there is always tomorrow! And Ethan forgot his tennis shoes at school. Maybe this isn't going so well after all...
Yesterdays crafts included...
I am loving this one. I like having wreaths on the front door but when there isn't a holiday in sight the door is plain so I found this on Pinterest. All you do is take a picture frame than wrap 2 different colors of yarn around it, I choose blue and brown and than I painted the "B" brown and you wrap it in and hang. Cute!
And we bought some new fabric to reupholster the chairs. After 5 years and 3 kids they were looking a little shabby, or gross is another word I would use! So we found some great fabric and a 40% off coupon, score!
Old fabric on the left, new FUN fabric on the right! Isn't it awesome? It's a shared project with Matt & I. He takes the staples out, I cut the fabric to fit and than he staples the new stuff on. I guess he doesn't trust me with power tools although I should mention that he shot a staple out in the middle of the room accidentally yesterday, luckily it didn't hit any of us!
Speaking of my darling husband I also forgot to mention his little mistake last week. After painting the trim in the bathroom he called me in to take a look. As we stood in there admiring his work Brady wandered into the office. Apparently Matt didn't put the lid on the paint because the next thing you know I turn around and that little stinker was painting the office carpet white. Whoops! Luckily it came out pretty easily and Matt knows to not leave paint unattended (right baby???) No harm no foul, part of having kids.
We always go to bed watching the Food Network channel, which is a bad idea I might add. We sit there licking our lips wanting to try everything they make. Last night it was apple pies. So this morning Brady and I went to the store to buy the ingredients and right now it just finished baking and the house is smelling oh so delicious, can't wait to eat it tonight!
And no Grandma, I did not make the crust! But Pillsbury makes ready to bake crusts so really, why make more work for myself if I would use their recipe anyway? So it's a semi home made apple pie, but I bet its still delicious! And I even bought vanilla ice cream and whipped cream, the boys will be so excited when they see this!
Everything looks so yummy!!!! I love the crafts you are doing, it looks like a profesional came in and decorated for you. Give yourself a pat on the back..
ReplyDeleteAnd by the way I love the job you did on the chairs. Maybe we can get your a job with Martha Stewaart.
ReplyDeleteLOL